Explore the web browser app. Discover how to locate common web browser features and commands; navigate webpages on a mobile device; zoom in and zoom out on a webpage; tap your finger to click a link; and try to use various apps, such as YouTube, LinkedIn, and Netflix, instead of visiting their webpages in the web browser app.
- [Instructor] The stock Android browser…is Google's Chrome app, though your device may have…a web browser app with a different name.…They all look and work similarly,…but Chrome specifically is tied to your Google account,…so it's the one I'll be using.…If you can't find the Chrome app on your device,…you can obtain it from the Google Play Store.…Start the Chrome Web Browser app,…which might be on the favorites tray,…in the Google folder, or like all apps, on the apps drawer.…The Chrome app opens to Google's main page on the internet…or to any previous page you've been viewing.…The parts of the web browser are the same as you'd find…on a computer version of Chrome, though on an Android phone,…many of the icons are accessed from action overflow.…
Here you see forward, favorite or bookmark,…download, info, and the refresh icons,…as well as other actions and commands on the menu.…You use the back navigation button…to back up to the previously viewed page.…More icons appear directly on the screen…when you use an Android tablet, which looks more like…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Training (2017)with Jess Stratton1h 30m Intermediate
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.