Learn how to browse the web on an Android phone. Open the Android's web page browser. Use Chrome to share features and bookmarks between your Android and a computer. Explore basic browsing options. Visit a website. Swipe the screen to scroll and pan. View website suggestions. Use an on-screen magnifier to help click a link. Summon the desktop version of a mobile site.
- [Narrator] All Androids feature a web browser.…Its name varies.…I've seen browser apps named internet, web and browser.…They all look and work similarly.…That's because for the most part…they're based on Google's Chrome browser.…Chrome is tied to your Google account,…so as a bonus if you use Chrome on a computer…you'll enjoy a similar experience on your Android.…In this movie I use Chrome as the web browser app.…If your Android lacks Chrome,…you can obtain the app free at Google Play.…If you don't find Chrome on the home screen,…then look for it in the apps drawer.…
The Chrome app opens and typically displays…Google's main page on the internet…or any previous page you've been viewing.…The top of the screen shows the address bar.…This lists the current page.…It's also where you type in the address…of a new page to visit.…On an Android phone, tap the Action Overflow…to view additional commands:…Forward, Favorite, Download, Info and Refresh.…On an Android tablet you see icons for those actions…right next to the address bar.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.