Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Before watching this course, part of Ethical Hacking: Mobile Devices and Platforms.
- [Instructor] This is a practical course, and during this course, I'll be mainly using Windows-based tools to interact with the mobile devices. I'll also be using the VirtualBox environment to run a Ubuntu GNOME virtual machine, and I'll be running applications at the command line on the mobile devices. Below the user interface, these are Linux-based systems. You should be competent in computer network and mobile technologies, and be familiar with the basic Windows and Linux command-line interfaces.
We'll use software tools for the Android testing, but you'll require an iPhone or iPad that can be jailbroken and used for iOS testing, and preferably, not one that you use for your personal or work activities.
These methods recognized by EC Council as integral part of those looking to earn their Certified Ethical Hacker certification. The complete CEH BOK can be found at https://www.eccouncil.org/Certification/certified-ethical-hacker/CEH-What-You-Will-Learn.
- Statistic and dynamic analysis of mobile applications
- Testing on Android
- Analyzing Android applications
- Securing iOS applications
- Jailbreaking iOS for command-line access
- Analyzing iOS apps