Getting your app indexed by Google will help it show up in organic search results better. Learn why you should add Firebase App Indexing to your apps.
- [Instructor] In addition to optimizing your app content…so it shows up in the search results within the App Store,…and within Google Play, you want to do…everything you can to get your app to show up in…Google search results in a desktop,…or more importantly, a mobile web browser.…In order to do this, Google provides Firebase app indexing.…Firebase app indexing is a system that…allows people to click from listings…in Google search results, into apps…on their Android and iOS devices.…Here are the key functions of Firebase app indexing.…
Indexing displays and promotes your…app results on Google search,…including showing your app icon when it's installed.…App indexing also associates your app and website,…so your app install card displays next to your website card.…Finally, the Android app indexing API lets your users…see app pages they have visited…as suggested results on the Google app.…Hooking up Firebase is beyond the scope of this course,…but there are four steps to…setting up Firebase app indexing.…
The first step is fairly straightforward,…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.