In this video, Emmanuel Henri explores the Android application template that is leveraged in this course to build your widget.
- [Instructor] To quickly get started with our widget, … we'll create a simple application for testing purposes. … If you have your own application and would like to use it, … you should be able to follow along with your own. … For everybody else, … let's get this sample application started. … So let's go ahead and open up Android Studio, … and once you have Android Studio open, … what you want to do is start a new Android Studio project. … And I'll simply use the Empty Activity. … You can use anything you want in here. … So for my case, I'm going to use this one. … And you want to make sure you're on the Phone and Tablet, … and not Wear OS or the others. … Click Next. … And I'm going to call this one HelloWorld, … and I'm going to select Java. … So if you're familiar with Kotlin, … and you want to work with Kotlin, … go ahead and select that one. … For my case I'm going to select Java. … And all the other options we're going to keep as is, … and click Finish. … Once you have the application created, …
- Design guidelines for Android widgets
- Creating the widget layout
- Working with the AppWidgetProvider class
- Adding functionality with provider functions
- Pinning app widgets