Once you have a device locked down from external intruders, it's important to setup internal security. Protect your device from local threats. Ryan Spence explores device administration options for Android. Understand and implement the required steps to securely manage administrator access, to protect your data from prying eyes.
- On the Android platform, I have the ability…to define device administrators.…Device administrators are able to make changes on my device.…Those who can make changes on my device…can install malware and trojans,…change security settings, and access Android's file system.…Therefore, I want to be cautious…who is giving administrator access to my device.…In order to review my options, I will go to Apps,…Settings, and Security.…First, I will select Device administrators.…
If I engage a drive mode, my device will go…to lock screen while I am driving.…I don't want that, so I will leave it disabled.…The other possible administrator is Android Device Manager.…I want this administrator enabled because it will allow me…to access my device from a browser,…using Google's Android Device Manager,…so these settings look good.…Next, I'll select Unknown sources.…If this option is enabled,…applications that come from any source will be able to run on my device.…
This is incredibly insecure.…As an open platform, anyone in the world…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.