Remote management tools allow users to back up and restore an Android device. Backups are essential to data security and continuity, especially on a mobile device. Ryan Spence explores the value and virtues of the free, over-the-air management tool Find My Android. Understand the features this services has to offer.
- Security is not just about preventing…malicious access to my data; it is also about…building processes for data continuity.…Let's take a look at how data security and continuity…are setup through backing up my device.…There are two ways to back up your Android device,…either over the air to Google servers,…or on your own computer.…When I connect an Android device to my computer,…it will show up as a storage unit.…If the phone is unlocked I can simply copy and paste…all of the data of the Android to my local machine.…This is not a secure or recommended solution…as it does not give you restore points.…
There are many third party back up applications…that will create full and restorable back up solutions…when my phone is attached to my system.…Google's cloud back up is called Google Sync.…Initial back up syncs, App Data, Calendar, Browser,…Contacts, Drive, Gmail, Google Opinion Rewards,…Photos, Play Books, Play Movies and TV,…Play Music, Play Newsstand, Google+,…Google+ Photos, Keep, and People details.…To set it up, I'll open Apps and select Settings.…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.