Explore the different application files necessary for publications to an app store.
- [Instructor] To hold a packaged application…for distribution, Windows uses…an MSI file or an EXE.…Mac uses a DMG file,…and Android uses an APK file,…and more recently, an AAB file as well.…An APK file is an archive file,…like a ZIP file, that contains all of the application code,…which is compiled into .dex files,…resources, certificates, and the Android Manifest file.…
You can use this APK file to install an application…onto an Android device.…An AAB file is an Android app bundle file…that was introduced to the Android system in 2018,…that turns the single APK file into a set of modules…that can be independently installed and updated.…Because there is limited support for Android app bundles…across the different app stores at this time,…we will be focusing on working with APKs in this course.…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.