- View Offline
- Exploring local data storage options
- Creating an Android virtual device
- Starting a new project
- Defining preferences with Java and activities
- Creating and reading JSON and XML data files
- Creating a new SQLite database
- Inserting and retrieving data in the database
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] My name is David Gassner, and I'd like to welcome you to Android SDK, local data storage. This video series shows you how to create data-centric apps for Android devices. I'll start with SharedPreferences. Simple key-value pairs, that are stored persistently. I'll then describe how to create files in internal and external persistent storage, and how to manage JSON and XML data files. And then I'll show you how to create SQLite relational databases.
Using interfaces and classes that are provided with the Android SDK. I hope that this course will help you improve your Android programming skills, and get you ready to build data-centric Android apps.