- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Exploring local data storage options
- Creating an Android virtual device
- Starting a new project
- Defining preferences with Java and activities
- Creating and reading JSON and XML data files
- Creating a new SQLite database
- Inserting and retrieving data in the database
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] My name is David Gassner, and I'd like to welcome you to Android SDK, local data storage. This video series shows you how to create data-centric apps for Android devices. I'll start with SharedPreferences. Simple key-value pairs, that are stored persistently. I'll then describe how to create files in internal and external persistent storage, and how to manage JSON and XML data files. And then I'll show you how to create SQLite relational databases.
Using interfaces and classes that are provided with the Android SDK. I hope that this course will help you improve your Android programming skills, and get you ready to build data-centric Android apps.
1. Getting Started
2. Using Application Preferences
3. Using Internal and External File Storage
4. Working with SQLite Databases
5. Managing and Displaying SQLite Data
Improving the data display9m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.