- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
- [Dan] I'm Dan Gookin, and I've written over 160 books on computers and technology, including the original For Dummies title, DOS for Dummies. Your Android mobile device is more than an advanced piece of technology. In this course, I'll show you the essentials of using an Android device, a phone or a tablet. I cover basic operations, standard features, plus how to exploit the device's full capabilities. Topics in this course cover customization and optimization. You'll see how to use your Android as a convenient communications device.
Powerful features are explored. My desire is to give you a strong foothold for discovering what an Android can do and help make you a smarter smartphone and tablet user. So please join me, and together we'll explore mobile technology with Android Essential Training.
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.