- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Dan] It's called a smartphone but it may not leave you with a feeling that you're particularly smart. Android devices are advanced pieces of technology. They're tremendously capable, yet you may have the nagging feeling that you're not really using your phone or tablet to its full potential. In fact, you may even feel that you have a pretty good handle on the device, but you've only scratching the surface. I'm Dan Gookin, and I've written over 160 books on computers and technology, including the book DOS for Dummies, which spawned the entire For Dummies publishing phenomenon.
In this course, I show you the essentials of using an Android device. The important stuff as well as stuff you may not know about. Topics covered include basic operations and how to use standard features, but I also explore the full potential of your device. Lessons in this course cover important things that the device does, but here you'll find plenty of help, useful tips and tricks for maximizing your technology investment. My desire is to give you a strong foothold for discovering what an Android can do and how to exploit its features to make you a smarter smartphone and tablet user.
And along the way, I inject some humor and fun, plus a few surprises. So please, join me and together we'll explore mobile technology with Android Essential Training.
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.