Reporting features in Amazon are not as extensive as those in Google Play, but you can easily find out how many copies of an app have been purchased or refunded, and can find out whether your app has crashed on any user devices. If you have deployed your app through Amazon Underground, you can get "usage minutes" information, and if you have monetized your app with a purchase price or in-app purchases, you can find out how those are doing.
- [Narrator] Amazon's App Store for android…has much more limited reporting than Google Play.…Like Google Play, it can tell you how many times…your app has been downloaded and installed…and, if your monetizing, how much money you've made.…But, that's about it.…It won't give you the sort of sliced and diced data…that Google Play does.…To get to the reporting, go to the Developer Console…in Amazon, and click on the reporting tab.…You can generate a report for…up to a year of data at a time.…Now my last actual app in Amazon…was all the way back in 2013.…
So I'm going to set my date as…starting on July 1st, 2013…and I'll run the report to June 30th 2014,…and then I'll click Update Report.…This is my first version of the Plain Old Notes App…that I deployed as part of the course…on Building a Notes app in android.…I can see that I started off with…a larger amount of installs…and then as time went by my installs degraded.…Then there was a bump when I released…an upgrade to the course,…and then it degraded again and continued on…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.