After the Google Play store, Amazon is the next largest distribution channel for Android apps in North America and Europe. You can find apps through a web interface by going to Amazon.com and then narrowing your search to Apps and Games. Then, you can search for the kind of app you want. There's another channel called Amazon Underground, that lets users install and use apps for free. Amazon compensates developers for Underground usage with a royalty model.
- [Instructor] Following the Google Play Store,…the Amazon Appstore is one of the next best places…you can publish your application.…If you have ever used an Amazon brand Android device,…you might have noticed that the Google Play Store…is not installed and unavailable to use.…These devices are running…an Amazon-flavored version of Android called Fire OS…that does not have Google Play Services installed.…Because of this, Amazon supplements the Google Play Store…with their own app store.…
For us developers,…this means that if we want users to install our application…onto their Amazon devices…as well as all of the other devices,…we need to make sure to also publish it through Amazon.…But wait, what if we are using Google Play Services APIs…in our application like Firebase,…AdMob,…or location services?…If you are using any of these in your application,…then it will probably not work on an Amazon device.…
In this situation,…you should try to find a substitute API offered by Amazon…or that works without Google Play Services.…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.