How exactly does the Android video camera focus and brighten a scene? Learn a few things to keep in mind for how the Google Pixel and S10 adjust exposure and focus along with some apps that allow even more control than your internal camera settings.
- In this movie, we're going to talk about exposure and focus … and adjusting them on your Android device. … So Kelly, first of all, tell me, what's exposure? … - [Kelly] Exposure is whether or not you have things … too bright or too dark on the smartphone. … And you typically have an ability … to use your finger to go up and down … and adjust the exposure. … And you want it not to be too dark or too bright. … Too bright, we call it blown out. … Too dark, obviously, we know what the problem is there. … - The cool thing is, a lot of your phones … are automatically adjusting for exposure behind, … and at all points in time, it is … automatically adjusting exposure … no matter where you bring your phone. … Where this is slightly problematic with video … is that depending on how good your phone is, … the exposure adjustments could be noticeable, … especially when you're moving from, like you just referred, … a very dark scene to a very light scene. … Or even slight fluctuations in light, …
- Telling your story
- Planning your shots
- Affordable lighting solutions
- Adjusting brightness and focus
- Staying organized and backing up your files
- Getting better audio
- Uploading your videos to social media
- Using Sun Surveyor
Skill Level Beginner
Making Video 1: Sell Somethingwith Ashley Kennedy2h 49m Beginner
Creating Video for a Non-Profitwith Ashley Kennedy1h 50m Beginner
The final product1m 39s
1. Video Production Basics
2. Shooting Video
3. Post-Production and Additional Apps and Gear
Next steps1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.