Learn how to update the UI based on the response data.
- Let's review what we have done so far…to improve the security for in app purchases…in our app.…First we have ofisgated our code…by using ProGuard in our gradle files.…Next we have directly injected our…play console public key into IAB helper,…which is the IAB library,…instead of initializing it in the constructor.…This improves security because any malicious user…can recognize the code from the sample project…and will be expecting the key to be…initialized in the constructor.…
We have also done a basic check…of the developer pay load.…Note that no method will be foolproof,…all we are doing here is adding enough barriers…in the hopes that the malicious user…will give up in trying to do…something malicious to our app.…The in app purchase guide from Google…also recommends keeping our Google Play…public key safe.…One way to do that is to…split up the public key into two parts.…So we'll get into that,…but let's first go to the top of…IB Gateway, and I notice…that it's using the R resources…for common shared library.…
And let's change that…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.