Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Add or remove components at runtime, part of Up and Running with Java Applications.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Let's say you want to…add or remove components, at runtime.…There are some tricky issues that come into play…when you try to do that,…so let's look at how to handle that,…so I have here my AbsoluteLayout,…and I'm going to select the JButton,…and just drop it onto my layout, right there,…and I'll just change the text to say Update.…Now we want to first create a label,…so I'll click on jLabel, and then I'm going to drop it…right below, but I'm going to write Hello on the label,…and the reason why I want to create a label right now,…is so we can go into our code,…and just cut and paste label creating code…to save time, so I'm going to save Layout.java,…and then I'm going to double click the update button,…to go to my source code, and in here I'm taken…to my Event Handler, actionPerformed,…so what I want to do is just take this label…from lined 53 to 55 in my code,…cut the code and paste it inside of actionPerformed,…so the label will then be created when the button…is clicked, so run the application,…
- Installing Java and Eclipse
- Understanding basic Java syntax
- Handling Java errors
- Creating a UI with Swing
- Creating tables and connecting to data sources for tables
- Publishing a JAR file
- Installing NetBeans
- Creating JSP pages
- Setting up and connecting to databases
- Creating Java-based Android Studio projects
Skill Level Beginner
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. Install Java and an IDE
2. Java Basics Review
3. Create a User Interface with Swing
4. Tables and Data Sources
5. Application Distribution and Deployment
Publish a runnable JAR file2m 32s
6. Server-Side Java: JSP and Databases
7. Android Development
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.