Join Albert Lo for an in-depth discussion in this video Add public key, part of Android App Development: In-App Purchasing.
- [Instructor] As a prerequisite step…for testing our IB changes,…and before we can add in-app products,…we will need to upload the production release billed variant…of our app to Google Play console.…So, in a browser, in a new tab,…let's login to our Google Play Console,…and we will use either the Android app owner account,…or the developer account, to log in with.…Okay, so once we are in the Google Play Console,…let's select our application,…and on the left side menu,…let's select release management,…and select app releases,…and scroll down a bit,…and we see the Alpha channel.…
Fortunately, we do not have to publish…a production release app to Google Play Console…in order to test our app.…Google provides two channels of testing…to help prepare our app for publishing…to Google Play Console.…The first channel is the Alpha release channel.…Alpha release is intended for smaller groups,…and intended to test out key features,…and identify any issues from user testing.…The other one is the Beta channel.…Beta releases are intended for a bigger audience,…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.