Many apps in the Play store are free to download, but are then monetized through in-app purchases. In-app products can be one-time purchases, like upgrades to a more full-featured version of the product; consumable resources, that a purchaser can buy and use up; and subscription-based products, that bill the user monthly or annually.
- [Instructor] There are many applications…available in the Google Play Store…that the user can download for free…but that provide additional capabilities…through in app purchases.…You can set this up, initially, in the developer console.…But to implement in app purchases…there's quite a bit of work to do…in the application itself.…In order to use in app products,…you have to add a permission to the application.…You can find information about…how to implement in app billing…on this webpage on the developer website…at Google Play Billing.…
You'll find a lot of information about how all this works,…and then you'll want to click into the API.…As of the time of this recording,…version three of the in app billing API…was the current version.…Here are some of the steps you need to follow.…First you need to add a permission to the application,…then you need to build and upload…the APK that includes that permission.…At that point you can click into…in app products in the console,…and you'll be able to add products here.…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.