There are many channels for acquiring a mobile phone. Ryan Spence explains how security plays a role in device acquisition. Learn about traditional sales channels, as well as the thriving secondary market. Discover the risks of purchasing through each channel. Understand how to securely purchase a device.
- Security begins with how you acquire your mobile device.…Perhaps your mobile device has been given to you…by your company and you didn't play a role in choosing…the source.…But, with the bring your own device movement,…or B.Y.O.D, even devices used for work purposes,…often begin as personal selections.…As with any strong market, the mobile device market…has traditional sales channels,…as well as non- traditional sales channels.…Traditional sales channels usually include licensed…retailers like Apple, Walmart, Best Buy, and Costco.…
Or service carriers, like T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T,…and Verizon.…Non-traditional sales channels include secondary market…retail establishments, as well as online venues, like eBay…and Craigslist.…There are also secondary online markets for used device…acquisition, like Swappa.com, and Zwee.com.…Or, perhaps a friend or family member has upgraded…to a new device, and you plan to use the old one.…Traditional retailers offer a trusted and supported channel…for manufacturer to retailer.…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.