Learn how to set up and configure carrier voicemail for your Android phone. Explore how to set a voicemail PIN; locate a voicemail app on your phone, if such a service is offered; use the Phone app to dial into voicemail; and choose a voicemail notification to access your voicemail.
- [Instructor] Your cellular provider offers…a basic voicemail service,…which all Android phones access in a similar way.…You must initially configure the system…after which missed and dismissed calls…are sent to voicemail for later retrieval.…To confirm that the voicemail service is configured,…open the Phone app.…Ensure that you're viewing the main screen…and not the dial pad.…Tap the action overflow and choose Settings.…Choose Voicemail, and if you don't see this item,…choose Calls, and then you'll find the Voicemail item.…
On this device I choose Advanced Settings.…The service for this device is the carrier,…or cellular provider.…Tap Setup.…Here you see the voicemail number,…which is also supplied by the carrier and set automatically.…If not you can set the proper voicemail number…per directions from your cellular provider.…To access carrier voicemail from the Phone app,…display the dial pad, and long-press the one key.…
You're connected to your carrier's voicemail service.…I recommend placing the phone into Speaker mode…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.