This video covers how to define and access Gradle build configuration parameters from code, including a discussion on parameters for the paid version of the app.
- [Instructor] Okay, so before we add…our buildConfigFields, I would like to share with you…about the organization of our project.…Let me open the Project View,…and you'll notice that I have organized…the in-app billing code that's in here.…All the in-app billing code I've put into…a separate library module,…with it's own gradle file.…As we create more and more Android projects…over and over again, I have observed…that there are various classes and packages…that we need across any project that we create.…
So, I've decided to organize the IAP code…into a common shared library module,…so that it becomes easier to reuse and…share across different projects.…So, what this means is if you create a brand new project…and you find that you need some code from this project…or from some other project that you've created previously,…then that code becomes a good candidate…to be placed into a common shared library,…such as the one I've created here.…
Now we are ready to add some buildConfigFields.…Let me close off the package here,…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.