Dan Gookin lets you know about the different devices he uses in the course.
- [Instructor] In this course, I use several Android devices, a Nexus 5 smartphone, a Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone, and a Google Pixel C tablet. Each of these gizmos runs the current, or next-to-current version of the Android operating system. Your phone or tablet may run the current version, but more commonly, it might run an older version. Therefore what you see in this course may not match up exactly with what's shown on your device's screen. I do offer hints and suggestions on how to find important security features, but some of the tools available might appear only in newer devices running the more recent versions of the Android operating system.
If security is important to you, consider replacing your older device with a newer phone or tablet to ensure that you're getting the most from your Android and are using every security tool available.
- Explain how to remove all geotag location data from images.
- Recognize the downside of disabling backup and synchronization processes for your Android.
- Recall what information is not affected by a factory data reset.
- Determine what to do when an app asks permission to access strange applications.
- Identify the dangers associated with an open network.
- Explain why users should never skip Android updates.