Android Studio has a wealth of shortcuts that can help developers code faster. Learn how to use some of the most popular shortcuts, and find many others.
- Android studio has many keyboard shortcuts … that you can use to speed up your programming. … As I showed previously, you can learn about … all of the IDE's keyboard shortcuts by going to … the help menu and choosing keymap reference. … And that will open this pdf file in a browser window. … There's one set of keyboard shortcuts for … Windows and Linux, and another set for macOS. … I'll show you a few of my favorite keyboard … shortcuts, but it's important to understand … that there are so many, you just need … to go explore them yourself. … One of the most common things you might … need to do, is add comments to your code. … You can select some code, and then press … command and the forward slash key on Mac … or control and slash on Windows. … Do it once to comment and do it again to uncomment, … so you're toggling the comment characters on and off. … When you're coding, you'll see that … autocomplete happens pretty much automatically. … For example, if I say I want to create a variable …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.