Most actions in Android Studio are available from menus, and many of the most common actions can be triggered from toolbar icons. Learn how to work with the toolbar and find needed actions.
- [Narrator] Most actions you might take in Android Studio … can be accessed for multiple locations. … I've previously shown that tool windows … are available from the menu … with view and then tool windows. … And many of them are available by clicking on tabs … that are scattered around the interface … and you can use the cursor and move … it over that icon in the lower left corner. … You can also use keyboard short cuts … and as I have shown, … the keyboard short cuts that are available … are shown on the menu. … So on Mac, command one … would open or close the project window … I'll press that keyboard shortcut a few times … and I'm toggling the windows visibility. … If you can't find a particular action, … go to the menu and select help, find action. … Then type the action you're interested in. … I'm going to type branches, … and that gets me to my source control branches. … I'll press enter or return and this dialog pops up. … If a dialog pops up like this … and doesn't appear to be attached anywhere, …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.