Android Studio inherits a fully functional debugging environment from IntellIJ IDEA. Learn how to set breakpoints, run an app in debug mode, and inspect variable values with watch expressions.
- [Instructor] Android Studio inherits … IntelliJ IDEA's debugging system. … It allows you to create breakpoints … to suspend your application at any point … and to inspect the state of the application internally. … To set this up, I'm working with an application … that I built from the basic app template. … You can start with this application or with any other … that has a button with a click listener. … I'm going to create a new function … that I'll call, loopSomething. … Within the function, I'll create an ArrayList … using the Kotlin function, arrayListOf. … I'll set the type of the items in the Arraylist to String … and I'll pass in three values of One, Two and Three. … Now I want to loop through those items, … I'll use a for loop. … And within the for loop, I'll create a variable named i … and I'll set it using the in operator … and I'll start from zero until items.size. … And that's like doing an iterative loop in Java, … the until operator means go until it's the size minus one. …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.