There are many different tool windows that provide various functionality, some inherited from IntelliJ IDEA and some that are unique to Android Studio. Learn how to find and open needed tool windows.
- [Instructor] Android studio has a rich set of tool windows … that help you navigate the user interface … and use various development features. … You can get to the tool windows from the menu … by selecting view, tool windows … and you'll see a listing of the most commonly used windows. … For those that are most popular, … there are keyboard shortcuts assigned. … You won't always see all windows here. … For example, if you're not already in a debug session, … you may not see the debug window listed as I don't. … You can also get to tool windows … by moving the cursor over this icon in the lower left. … You don't have to click, … just hover over it and you'll see a list of windows appear. … Or you can use the tabs … that are displayed around the user interface. … These represent the most popular windows … or the ones you've used most recently, … and the tabs will change at any given time. … Moving around as you work with the development environment. … I've already talked about the project window …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.