There are many more courses available to continue building Android development skills. Learn how to choose from a variety of different learning paths.
- [Instructor] Thanks for joining me for this course … on working with the Android Studio … integrated development environment from Google. … There are many other courses available … to help you build your Android development skills. … There's a series named Android Development … Essential Training that includes courses … on building basic applications, … on understanding the architecture of well-built … Android apps, on creating the various elements … of a great user interface, and on working with local … and remote data sources. … In addition to skills that are specific to Android, … you'll want to continue to build … your Kotlin development skills. … At the beginning of the course, … I mentioned the introductory course, … Kotlin Essential Training, but there are … many other courses available that can help you understand … how Kotlin is used specifically in Android development, … including courses that are about more advanced … Kotlin development skills and best practices … specifically working with Android …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.