The Gradle build system is tightly integrated into Android Studio. Learn how to make changes to a project's build scripts and how to sync and refresh a project.
- Android studio projects are built around the Gradle … build system. … When you create a android studio project … it's populated automatically with two Gradle build scripts. … There's one for the project … this includes vital information … that affects everything in your project. … If you're working with the Kotlin programming language … you'll see a Kotlin version, … this is the version of your Kotlin plug in … and this number must match the version of the Kotlin plug in … that you have installed with your copy of Android studio. … If you're not sure what that is … go to your preferences or settings dialogue … then go to languages and frameworks, Kotlin … and you'll see your current plug in version listed there. … If there's a mismatch, … go back to your Gradle build file for the project … and update it to match. … The repositories block contains instructions … to the Gradle build system … telling it where to find libraries that you've indicated … you want to use. … Google is a function that says …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.