The Android Studio development team updates Android Studio on a regular basis. Learn how to manage updates and select an update channel.
- [Instructor] Before you start creating projects, … you should update Android Studio … to make sure you're working with the latest version … of both the primary product … and all the different SDK components you'll be using. … From the welcome screen go to the menu at the bottom … and choose configure. … Check for updates. … If there are any updates available … in your current update channel, … you'll see them offered here. … Now update channels are important concept in Android Studio. … Click on the configure automatic updates link … and on this screen you'll see a listing … of available channels. … The Canary and the Deaf channel are … for the newest version of Android Studio. … These are early preview versions. … Their features might not be complete, … there might be bugs but you'll be seeing the software … in its earliest available state. … The Beta Channel is next and it offers versions … that have been through the Canary Channel … and now are being prepared for release. … You'll see those versions marked as either Beta …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.