Learn how to install either a stable or a preview release of Android Studio on macOS.
- [Instructor] To install Android Studio on macOS, … go to the developer website at developer.android.com … and click on the Android Studio link. … On this page you'll see a link for downloading … the most recent stable version of Android Studio. … If you download from here you'll get a DMG file, … which you can expand. … Now, in this course I'm working with a preview release … of Android Studio 4 … and it's not available on this page. … Instead I'll go to the Preview link … and here I'll see whichever preview versions … are currently available. … As of the time of this recording … there were two releases available, … Version 3.6 release Candidate 2 and Version 4.0 Canary 9, … and this is a pretty common situation … in Android Studio world. … When you download from here, … instead of getting a DMG file, you'll get a ZIP file. … And I've downloaded the Android Studio 4 … ZIP file to my desktop. … I'll double click it to expand it … and if you're working with a stable version … you would instead double click to open up the DMG file. …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.