Android Studio is available for multiple operating systems. Learn how to install the product on macOS and Microsoft Windows.
- [Instructor] To install Android Studio … on Microsoft Windows, … start at the Android Developer website, … at developer.android.com, … and click on the Android Studio link. … On this webpage, you can download … the most recent stable version of Android Studio. … As of the date of this recording, … that was version 3.5.3 … But if, instead, you want to download a Preview release, … click on the Preview link. … Here, you'll be able to choose from … the most recent Preview releases. … As of the time of this recording, … there was version 3.6, Release candidate two, … and version 4.0 Canary 9, … and that's the version that I'll be using. … If you download a stable version, … you'll get a conventional Windows Installer application. … There aren't very many options in it, … and you really can't go wrong, … so just run the installer and install the software. … The process for installing a preview release, though, … isn't quite as intuitive. … So I'll show you how that works. … I've already downloaded a zip file to my desktop. …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.