Google offers a variety of sample apps that demonstrate how to use various Android features. Learn about where to find the sample apps and how to clone them from GitHub repositories.
- Google offers many sample applications that you can use … to learn about various programming techniques. … Android Studio makes these available from the welcome screen … with the link labeled Import an Android code sample. … This dialog lets you scroll through … and look for interesting techniques … that you might want to learn about … or you can search for what you want. … So for example, let's say I wanted to learn … about the Work Manager interface. … The sample application would teach me how to use it. … From here, I could click Next to create the project locally, … or I can click this link to browse the project on GitHub. … All of these projects are available on GitHub … and can be cloned or forked as needed. … I'll come back here, … and I'm going to look for another project, … and I'll look for something called Motion. … This sample application will let me explore … different ways to do animations and transitions. … Notice that this displays a bit of a mess, … and that's an issue that might be …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.