It's possible to export and import your Android Studio settings and share them with other users and computers. Learn how to export settings to a ZIP archive file and then reimport them.
- [Narrator] There are many circumstances … where you might want to export setting from Android Studio, … and then import them somewhere else. … For example, you might have … more than one development computer … and you might want to make them look and behave the same. … Or you might be working on a development team, … and you want to share how your version of Android Studio … works and looks, with everybody else. … From the Welcome Screen you can do this … by going to the Configure Menu, … and then choose Export Settings. … Then, decide where you want to place the resulting ZIP file. … I'm going to place this on my Desktop. … I'll put it in Users, Instructor, Desktop. … And I can name the file anything I want. … I'll call this StudioSettings.zip … Notice I can choose which settings I'm saving. … I've chosen everything and I'll click OK, … and that creates the file on my Desktop over here. … Now, let's say I wanted to wipe out my existing settings. … Your settings are stored in a directory, on disk, …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.