Android Studio and IntelliJ IDEA have a wealth of features to help developers code faster and better. Learn about features such as code completion, live templates, and keyboard shortcuts.
- When you're working in Android Studio, … you'll spend a lot of your time … in the editor window, … editing and searching for code. … The editor window is also used … to present the layout editor, … where you can design screens with the WYSISYG … or "what you see is what you get" interface … and other editors for other kinds of files. … If the project is brand new, … depending on which template you selected, … you might see more than one tab. … But regardless, you can always open new files … from the project window. … The tabs that appear on the top can be re-ordered … just by clicking and dragging the tabs around. … You can also double-click on a tab … and that will expand the editor window … and hide any other windows … that might currently be open. … Double-click on the tab again … and now you'll restore the layout. … You can split an editor window, … by right-clicking on the tab … and then choosing split vertically … or split horizontally. … Each of these windows will now scroll independently. …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.