Build variants enables the generation of multiple APKs or app bundles for various distribution requirements. Learn how to declare build variants in an app's Gradle build script and create multiple APKs.
- [Instructor] The Gradle Build system … allows you to generate multiple versions … of an application based on a common code base. … It does this with the concept of flavor dimensions. … A flavor dimension is a particular way to define … different versions of the app. … And within a flavor dimension … you can define multiple product flavors. … Let's take a scenario where you want to distribute an app … through both the Google Play store … and through Amazon. … And you want to support in-app purchasing. … The SDKs for that feature are completely different … on the two platforms. … Most of your application might be the same … for both platforms, but when you get to in-app purchasing … you need to run different code. … So you would define a flavor dimension for the App Store … and then product flavors for Google and for Amazon. … You can do this in code directly in your build.gradle file … but Android Studio … makes it really easy to do through dialogues, … specifically through the project structure dialog. …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.