Android Studio includes a number of templates for creating new projects. Learn how to create a new project, set its primary programming language, and choose a template for the new app's starting activity.
- [Male] After installing and updating Android Studio, … you're ready to start creating projects. … You can create a brand new Android Studio project … from the first link on the welcome screen. … In the first dialogue, you're asked to choose a template … for your first activity. … An activity is a screen, if you're building an application … for phones and tablets. … You can create an application that has no activity … and then create everything else from scratch, … or you can choose one of these templates. … The Basic Activity creates an application with two screens, … Bottom Navigation with three different displays, … managed by tabs at the bottom, … and there are many other templates for various purposes. … The simplest available template is called … the Empty Activity. … It gives you a simple, empty screen, … with just a little bit of text being displayed. … On this screen, you're asked to configure your project. … The app name can be anything you like. … The Package Name is a universal-unique ID. …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.