Android Studio supports a variety of software version control systems, including Git. Learn how to install and configure Git, and how to download a GitHub repository for local development.
- [Narrator] I've previously shown … how to share a project on GitHub. … Now I'll show you how to clone an existing project … and make a copy of it that you can work on … on your local development computer. … I'm going to use the project that I created previously, … but you can use any repository at all. … I'm starting at the repository's homepage … and I'll click the Clone or download button … and click this button to copy this URL to the clipboard. … That URL will let me clone, or check out … the project onto my local computer. … Now I'll close the web browser … and I'll return to the Android Studio's welcome screen. … I'll click Get from Version Control … and I'll paste that URL into place. … You can choose which directory … you're creating your copy of the app in. … The default location might differ … depending on which version of Android Studio … you're working, but I've set it so it's … the same directory I was using previously, … AndroidStudioProjects, under my home directory. …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.