Android app bundles are packages designed for deploying apps through the Google Play store. Learn how to create a signed app bundle for finished software.
- I previously described how to create a signed … application package for distribution through app stores. … The Google Play Store, however, has introduced … a newer format, an app bundle includes all of … the application assets that you might need for any device. … But when you upload it to the Play Store, … the Play Store then breaks down the bundle … and creates the individual APKs for various … screen resolutions, Android versions, and so on. … This results in smaller downloads for the end user … because each APK that's generated on Google Play … only includes what's necessary for that user's device. … The process of working with an app bundle … is very similar to working with an APK. … Select Generate Signed Bundle/APK … and this time choose Android App Bundle. … Just as when you're generating an APK, … you need a certificate file, a key store, … and you can use exactly the same file. … And also you choose between debugging and releasing. … When you click finish, your bundle is generated. …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.