Android Studio has a variety of tools that can analyze code and suggest improvements. Learn how to run the analysis tool on multiple code files and use the results to find and fix code problems.
- [Narrator] Android Studio has some great tools … that help you analyze your code … and find coding problems, … or just suggestions for making your code better. … To demonstrate this I'll create a brand new … Android Studio project, and I'm going to base this on … the bottom navigation activity template. … I'll call the project Bottom Nav, … and click finish to create it. … In order to analyze your code, the project has to … be completely built and indexed, … and the first time you create any project … from a new template, … it might take a few moments before … this feature becomes available, … but once Android Studio has settled, … you can go to the menu and choose analyze, inspect code. … You can set the inspection scope to the entire project, … just a module, to a particular file, … or to a custom scope. … I'll inspect my app module. … I won't include my test sources, … so I'm only looking at the application itself, … and I'll click okay. … Now this inspection can take some time, …
- Installing Android Studio on macOS and Windows
- Creating your first project
- Creating virtual devices for testing
- Version control with GitHub
- Customizing the Android Studio interface
- Managing dependencies
- Generating and editing Kotlin code
- Refactoring and inspecting code
- Using templates
- Analyzing and debugging code
- Managing bitmap and vector images
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 47s
1. Getting Started
2. Get Ready to Develop Apps
3. Use Software Version Control
Clone a GitHub repository3m 35s
4. Explore the User Interface
5. Manage Project Builds and Dependencies
6. Create and Edit Code Files
7. Analyze and Debug Your Code
8. Manage Image Files
Create vector image assets3m 50s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.