What is the UI Automator of the Android Test Support Library? Learn about the purpose of the UI Automator, setting up testing for Android UIs with the UI Automator API, and adding the UI Automator to your project.
- [Voiceover] Now that you understand both local…and instrumented tests, there's some…additional testing tools in Android…you should be aware of.…This chapter exposes you to those tools.…In particular, I show you the UI Automator,…part of the test support library,…Monkey, monkeyrunner, Espresso,…also part of the test support library,…Robotium, and Robolectric.…This will not be a deep dive into each of these tools,…but enough to get you started and pique your interests.…Hopefully, you'll take time to look…into them further and use them…in your testing when appropriate.…
To begin, I'd like to look at UI Automator.…This is one of the testing tools that…comes with the Android Testing Support Library.…To be fair, the UI Automator is really…a framework versus a simple tool.…It provides a set of APIs that allow you to…test your app from a black box perspective.…That is, it provides an API that allows you to…write test code, exercise your app, without…knowing all the details of how it was programmed.…The API allows you to exercise the UI…
AuthorJames P White
- Why unit test?
- Unit testing tools
- Local testing with JUnit
- Working with JUnit assertions, rules, and categories
- Executing instrumented tests
- Filtering tests
- Testing with UI Automator and other testing tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Usability Testingwith Chris Nodder1h 29m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Local Tests
3. Instrumented Tests
4. Other Android SDK Testing Tools
5. Mocking objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.