Learn how to control devices and AVDs with MonkeyRunner. In this movie, you'll also cover Python basics and the MonkeyRunner API.
- [Voiceover] Monkeyrunner is a script programming API…and runtime environment that executes the script…off the device or emulator…to control the device or emulator.…The scripts can install Android apps,…or test packages, launch apps,…or a collection of tests, take screenshots,…send keystrokes and touch events to the UI, and more.…Because monkeyrunner executes outside of the emulator…or device, yet drives the emulator or device,…it offers a unique alternative and advantages…to other tools in the Android testing environment.…
Monkeyrunner can control multiple devices or emulators.…You can script monkeyrunner to deploy an APK or test package…to a number of devices, and have the test…kick off simultaneously.…Monkeyrunner scripts, or programs, are written in Python.…Therefore, the monkeyrunner API is in the form…of Python modules.…If you're unfamiliar with Python, take a look…at Joe Marini's Up and Running with Python,…or Python 3 Essential Training, by Bill Weinman.…
There are three main Python modules…provided by monkeyrunner.…
AuthorJames P White
- Why unit test?
- Unit testing tools
- Local testing with JUnit
- Working with JUnit assertions, rules, and categories
- Executing instrumented tests
- Filtering tests
- Testing with UI Automator and other testing tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Usability Testingwith Chris Nodder1h 29m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Local Tests
3. Instrumented Tests
4. Other Android SDK Testing Tools
5. Mocking objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.