- Choosing an animation technique
- Defining and running view animations
- Animating with frames
- Animating object properties
- Animating transitions between activities and slides
- Using the transitions framework
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] My name is David Gassner. This course for Android developers is an introduction to managing animations and screen transitions in mobile apps. I'll start by showing how to define View Animations in XML, and run them with Java code. I'll then describe a more efficient method with a class named View Property Animator that works in more recent versions of the operating system. I'll then demonstrate how to implement traditional animations that use multiple image files using a technique known in Android as frame animations.
I'll also show animation techniques that were added in later versions of Android. Property animations were introduced in Android Three, and let you animate both values and visual objects using tweened calculations. And the transitions framework, which was added in Android 4.4 KitKat, lets you define and run animations with tiny amounts of code. I hope that this course helps you get started creating your own animations in your Android apps.