In this movie, you'll learn about Robotium features, testing, and general pros and cons of the tool.
- [Voiceover] Robotium is another…third-party test framework…for black box testing in Android,…for testing either native or hybrid apps.…Again, with black box testing,…the tester isn't expected to know the details…of how the application is coded…or how the user interface is built.…Robotium is open source and free.…Robotium, the organization,…also offers the Robotium recorder,…a commercial plugin for Android Studio and Eclipse…for capturing and recording a user's interactions…that are performed on a device or emulator.…
Recordings are captured as Robotium API calls,…thus allowing for quick and easy creation…of test cases.…I'll not cover the Robotium recorder here,…but you should check out the tool and its value proposition…at the Robotium website.…Robotium provides a library and API…to trigger user interface events,…as if a user would invoke them.…There are calls to click, enter text,…hit the back button, etc.…And this way, Robotium may look a little like Espresso.…
Indeed, the two have similar features.…Robotium has been around longer than Espresso…
AuthorJames P White
- Why unit test?
- Unit testing tools
- Local testing with JUnit
- Working with JUnit assertions, rules, and categories
- Executing instrumented tests
- Filtering tests
- Testing with UI Automator and other testing tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Usability Testingwith Chris Nodder1h 29m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Local Tests
3. Instrumented Tests
4. Other Android SDK Testing Tools
5. Mocking objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.