Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video On-page optimization tactics, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- The main goal of search engines around the world…is to find and provide searchers…with relevant and quality results.…If you've been through the SEO Fundamentals course…here on lynda.com,…you know that there are some things you can do…to the code behind your pages…to optimize them for search engines.…And these on-page tactics can help…get your content discovered and shared…with your target audiences.…While virtually all the standard best practices…for on-page SEO apply to…internationalized sites and pages as well,…there are a few difference and nuances…as you tailor your content…and your user experiences for your global audiences.…
You'll wanna do things like…optimize URLs, page titles, and meta descriptions to start.…And you'll also look at page headings,…how to handle images,…and you'll wanna think about how you'll link…to other content on the site.…Again, these are just the basic tenets…for on-page optimization.…First, your URL names…offer a unique opportunityto search engines,…and how they understand and categorize your content.…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results