Attract international visitors to your websites with these SEO tips. Learn how to determine target markets and optimize your website's technical aspects and content for countries and languages around the world.
- I'm David Booth, founding partner of Cardinal Path. I've been helping organizations create and leverage their digital strategies to take advantage of this new and changing international environment for well over a decade. In this course I'll cover SEO but with an international twist. I'm going to assume that you have the basic fundamentals down, and focus on the nuances and the extras that you need to take into account when optimizing your online assets for different countries and different languages. If you'd like a refresher on the basics feel free to head over to the SEO Fundamentals course here on lynda.com, but if you're up to speed and ready to go then lets get started.
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results