Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Google Webmaster Tools, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Many of the major search engines offer webmaster tools…that help site owners monitor the health of their site.…They generally have similar features like…site map submission tools, indexation charts…and functions for identifying and alerting webmasters…to crawling issues.…But when optimizing for an international audience,…there are some added functionalities that will help you…do things like set geo targets for your sites,…monitor search queries and keep tabs…on your webpage visibility internationally.…Let's take a look at some of the features of…Google Webmaster Tools that can help you…with your international SEO efforts.…
In Google Webmaster Tools, a key international SEO feature…is the International Targeting section.…We just looked at how you can leverage hreflang tags…earlier in this chapter, and if you've implemented them,…Google can tell you which ones they've found and…report any errors you may have there in the Language tab.…But if you don't have those hreflang tags,…you can click on the Country tab, and at the very least…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results