Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding server location and hosting considerations, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- These days pretty much no matter where you are located…in the world, when you get online you want and expect…content to be readily accessible and available.…With the prevalence of high speed connections…and ever-improving mobile infrastructures,…users don't have the patience to sit around…while a page that's being hosted on a server…halfway around the world loads.…And while you're optimizing for international SEO,…you'll want to think about where your server is located,…not only because of how the distance may impact…your site's performance, but more importantly,…how it may affect customers in the countries…that you're trying to do business in.…
So of course, you'll want to make sure that your server…is responsive for speed and performance.…You'll discover that there are many testing tools…on the market that can analyze your site's performance…from locations all around the world.…And some of these tools are free,…while other premium tools that will also automate…site monitoring and things like that will come at a price.…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results