Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding cultural considerations, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- We've mentioned this previously,…but when researching keywords for multilingual content…we tend to focus on getting direct translations…of our primary lists and pages out the door,…and of course, there are the realistic limitations…of just how much we can do given time, money, and resources.…But in a perfect world, we'll take that extra step…to really interpret meanings, local market conditions,…and local cultural considerations.…Sure, we know to target the right language…and/or the right region for each page,…and we've already focused on how to provide…Search Engines with the signals needed to be discovered,…but what you really want to be thinking about…throughout your keyword research,…are finding the words that will not only resonate…with your local visitors, but also fuel a need…for them to click through to your website.…
You'll also need to be open…to completely new keywords concepts to explore,…as well as throwing out others…that don't make sense in local contexts.…Researching multilingual keywords requires a keen knowledge…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results