Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Segmenting your international data, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- As your international SEO efforts get underway,…you'll want a reliable method…for measuring and reporting on success.…While we've looked at some basic reports,…one of the key features of enterprise analytics tools…is the ability to create and apply segments…to whatever set of data you may be looking at.…Segments can be comprised of just about any criteria…that you can think of, including language and location.…While any major analytics tool has this functionality,…we're gonna once again use Google Analytics…to show how this works.…
The key here, is that whatever KPIs you've determined…to measure your SEO performance,…with segments, you can look at them in the context…of each regionalized section of your website.…The key here, is that whatever KPIs you've determined…to measure your SEO performance,…with segments, you can look at them in the context…of each regionalized audience target.…Let's take an example,…of a global ecommerce site in a transaction report.…Here, we can see the revenue…created by all the transactions on the site,…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results